Friday, August 1, 2008

Small and Simple

I know that by small and simple things great things come to pass. I have really been thinking about the question you asked me about what the 1st month of my mission was like. All I can say is that I was thankful that I had a loving companion. She really took the time to help me out. I am a very slow to warm person. People would say that I am shy at first if they do not know me. So it would drive me crazy that members would say why doesn't your companion talk more. I would feel so upset that they didn’t even get to know me and would jump to conclusions about me. But my comp taught me an important lesson. There are all different kinds of missionaries some are talker and some are not. That is why everyone is needed. I was trying so hard to be like the other missionaries instead of using my own talents. Come to find out that I was a good listener. I would catch concerns and emotions that my compantion did not always see. And as time went on, I learn to talk more and had to be the companion that had to take the lead. I learned I could be a leader if I needed to be. Another lesson that I learned over time is that you are in always on control. You can’t control where the Lord puts you or who your companion is. That is really when I learned to relay on the Lord. If you are having challenges you are normal. Just look for the small miracles and you will know that the Lord is in charge. Like Elder Bateman said in general conferance. The lord knows each of us personally. He knows you. He knows what you are doing. I love you very much.
Oh that new convert in our ward is only 9. We are working on getting him back to church. I know it is hard for him being the only member in his family. Ben and I took him to the movies the other day. He has a strong testimony
Being selfless is what brings happiness. All that we really can do is to love others. Seeing others problems really makes you know that the gospel can change their lives.

No comments: