Friday, August 1, 2008

My Heart was Mended

I never thought a talk in church would change my life, but it did. The story begins was when I saw a cute boy sitting next to my roommate a church. I noticed him because I was sitting on the stand. The whole time I was up there I kept looking at him and wondering why I have never seen him in the ward before. So when after my talk he over speak to me I was so excited. He said, “I really liked your talk and your accent.” I was so happy that he was normal. That is one of those gifts I have I can tell if someone is my type and normal in about two minutes. The next thing I know we are sitting next to each other in Sunday school. Not only was he normal, but he was spiritual. Because I thought so highly of him I was completely in shock when he asked for my phone number. Yet knowing in the back of my mind that he probably would not call me I had faith. After few hours he called and asked me out. I was excited. I was having a good day. The date was great. We went to a fireside together. We wrote notes back and forth and he was easy to talk to. He took me home and we hugged and I still had a crush. So after a few days when he called I was happy. We talked like we old friends. My roommates asked what we could talk about for so long and I say nothing. Ben and I could talk about nothing it was okay. I never had to not be me around him. He was just easy to be with. We had another date together and we had a fun time. So we later planned to make dinner together. The dinner date came and he called to tell me he had some news. He told me that he got a job in Fort Carson, Colorado. I was shocked. I asked if I could come over. He said yes. When I hung up the phone I started crying. But I pulled myself together and went over. I acted like it did not affect me and that everything would be okay. I ate and talk and said our goodbyes and he gave me the biggest hug. I left not knowing if I was ever going to see him again. That just broke my little heart.
Luckily, the Lord had his finger in our relationship and shortly my heart was mended. He called me and said he was going to be in Provo that weekend and He wanted to go out again. I was so happy. It was after that weekend that I knew I was going to be with him forever. Five months later, Benjamin Marion Hewett and Janice Lynn Garrett were sealed in the Provo Utah Temple for time and all eternity. From what started with a little phone number and has grown into the best thing ever happening to me and that is being with my Benjamin Forever.

No comments: